The Colors of Magic
A downloadable tabletop rpg
The Colors of Magic is a light, collaborative, story-focused, fantasy tabletop RPG about a group of wizard friends. The game focuses on the characters' beliefs and relationships.
This game uses some ideas I've wanted to test for a long time:
- GM "Mad Lib"-style adventure planning built around structured character creation focused on conflicts and relationships as your "stats."
- Giving players full authorial control over the broad strokes of the antagonists, conflicts, themes, and setting.
- Calling the GM the "gamerunner" and the PCs the "protagonist characters"
- Specifically incorporating non-playing audience members.
- Really taking advantage of the Script Change safety tool and integrating it throughout the game.
- Choosing the outcome of risky actions rather than using a randomizer; focusing on balancing the game's outcome choices rather than combat and PC abilities.
The Colors of Magic was written as a submission for the Our Little Foods Game Jam, which gave me an opportunity to write a game about choosing your outcomes. It's meant as a way to introduce the ideas, above; but it's a playable game!
Email email@example.com with all the typos and errors you find. Also with any thoughts, experiences, etc. you have playing. I welcome your feedback!
Updated! Version 2 now has a table of contents, page numbers, a few small edits (a duplicated section was resolved), and a slightly modified Fast Adventure Planner. 12/20/19
In order to download this tabletop rpg you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.